For crisp lines around your curbs and walkways
When nature crosses the line, lay down the law with a STIHL edger. With powerful, low-emission engines, our edging tools help you take back your sidewalks, walkways and curbs. Keep grass under control, weeds under wraps and soil in its proper place. With a STIHL lawn edger, you can add a crisp, finishing touch at home, on the job or anywhere in need of bold new definition. They’re as close as you can get to giving your landscape an exclamation mark.
STIHL edgers are also easy to use, featuring adjustable depth wheels, excellent balance and ergonomic handle controls. When it’s finally time for your edger to regain its edge, replacing its 8” hardened steel blade is quick and easy to access. And all STIHL edgers include heavy-duty skid plates to protect the gearbox from wear. We make our edgers with strong, durable components so they are dependable and long-lasting. Your weeds and overgrown grass don’t have an expiration date, so why should your edger?
Whether you’re a homeowner looking to add definition to your outdoor space, or a professional landscaper in need of a durable edger for everyday use, STIHL gives you the edge you’re looking for. We know edgers are not one-size-fits-all. That’s why we offer a full range that zero in on your exact edging needs.
Note: STIHL recommends use of fuel with no more than 10% ethanol content. Using fuel with greater than 10% ethanol content may cause damage to your equipment and may void your STIHL warranty.
STIHL Edger Products
STIHL Edgers Common Features
Powerful, portable and uniquely patented to meet EPA emission standards, STIHL edgers, like all STIHL products, are reliable and easy to use. STIHL edgers utilize advanced technology to encourage smoother, easier starts to meet the needs of demanding professionals. Standard features on all edgers include an adjustable depth wheel, easy-access 8" steel blade, hardened steel straight or curved shaft and a skid plate. Discerning homeowners and dedicated professionals get the edge on lawn care only a STIHL can deliver.
A - Skid plate to protect gearbox
B - Easy to adjust depth wheel
C - Mud flap style debris deflector
D - Start/run/stop controls on handle
E - Easy-access blade for replacement and 8" hardened steel blade
OTHER COMMON FEATURES NOT DIAGRAMMED
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Heavy-Duty Centrifugal Clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Adjustable Front Handle adjusts for comfort.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage. Professional models only.
- Clip for Strap or Harness.
- Long-Life Cylinders provide maximum wear life, better cooling and lubrication, more power output.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Superior Balance and Design help reduce operator fatigue and make handling easy.
These features are found on some STIHL edgers.
- Easy2Start™ System (E): This starting system reduces the strength and effort needed to start the engine. Available on select models.
- ElastoStart™ Handle has a built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM level even when filter begins to clog.
- Heavy duty steel-on-steel clutch
*STIHL lawn edgers have many common features. However, all models may not have all the features shown here.