Smooth, precise cutting that makes quick work of tall branches
STIHL pole pruners put high trimming jobs within reach, giving you the power and precision to trim once-inaccessible branches down to size. You may not be able to identify every component of STIHL technology at work, but you’ll feel it in your hands: The balanced weight. The smooth cutting operation. Every integral part working together as you take down limbs – all while standing firmly on the ground. Whether gasoline-powered or powered manually, STIHL pole pruners are easy to operate, easy to carry and easy to maintain. It’s a win/win/win for homeowners and professionals alike.
As a cutting system, STIHL gasoline-powered pole pruners feature a low-emission, fuel-efficient engine. They not only save you money on fuel costs, they also run cleaner than traditional engines. They’re crafted using automatic oiling OILOMATIC® saw chains and Ematic™ guide bars – the same technology found in our legendary chainsaws. These exclusive parts improve cutting efficiency and reduce wear, improving your cutting potential.
When you choose to use a manual approach, STIHL is also committed to providing you with unique attention to every detail in our durable line of hand tools – the STIHL Precision Series™ pole pruners are crafted with long life, high-carbon tool steel blades that can be sharpened or replaced, and strong lightweight handles that can help you reach limbs up to 18’ above ground.
STIHL Pole Pruner Products
STIHL Pole Pruner Common Features
A - STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain. STIHL makes its own saw chain.
B - Ematic™ guide bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
C - Side-access chain tensioner for easy chain adjustment.
D - Sprocket cover cut out for faster chip removal.
E - Gear-driven oil pump.
OTHER COMMON FEATURES NOT DIAGRAMMED
These features are found on gasoline-powered STIHL pole pruners.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Heavy-Duty Centrifugal Clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Adjustable Front Handle adjusts for comfort.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage. Professional models only.
- Clip for Strap or Harness.
These features are found on some STIHL pole pruners.
- Easy2Start™ System (E): This starting system reduces the strength and effort needed to start the engine. Available on select models.
- ElastoStart™ Handle has a built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM level even when filter begins to clog.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Cast foot designed to keep bar and chain off ground when starting.
- Heavy-duty gearbox with slip clutch.
*STIHL pole pruners have many common features. However, all models may not have all the features shown here. Consult your Dealer for details.